Monday, November 15, 2010

Frustration With Blogging (probably #1 of many)

While in the process of trying to write a blog entry at the library (instead of on my computer at home, as [insert local deity of choice] intended) I hit the 'Publish Post' button instead of the 'Save Now' button.

Fuck.

The post in question was incomplete. The unfinished first draft. I cut-and-pasted the unfortunately posted entry into a Notepad file (that's right, the library computers don't have actual word processors installed), then immediately deleted the post.

Of course, not knowing all of the intricacies of how the web-r-net works, I suspect that just hitting the 'delete' button didn't completely solve my problem. I know that some of my readers get my blog through means other than actually going to the Time Delay site and reading it there.

RSS Feeds, Google Reader, Tabbloid Delivery Service, and who knows what else. Blog-to-email. I dunno what's all out there, and how people all read the blog. Anyway, if you received a blog post from me today that looks like it's a half-finished first draft . . . well, it was. Sorry. Hoping to have it finished, proofed, and (re)posted before the library closes at 5:00.

But no promises.

Everybody's best friend (with benefits?),
Zeitgeist the Clown

No comments: